[Diy_efi] Converting from Carburation to TBI

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Nov 16 14:50:46 UTC 2006

--- Mike V <efi at dyakron.com> wrote:

> speed-density systems give me fits when the cam has
> lots of overlap.

Motorcycles do things backwards to how cars do; they
run speed density at idle and snall throttle openings,
and alpha-n at larger throttle openings.  In this way
they can get more precise information about small
changes in throttle angle or load without using a
faster processor (with a plenum between the throttle
and the intake valves, there's a lot less issue in
needing fast and extremely accurate response to what
on a car would be a fairly small change).

They do this in one of two ways, or sometimes a
combination; restrictors and longish tubing for the
MAP sensor, and sampling MAP shortly after the intake
valve opens (which takes care of any "confusion" and
bouncing signal due to reversion).  Either of these
could be a help if there was an issue with speed
density and lumpy cams...

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre