[Diy_efi] Rich detonation?

Joseph Obernberger joelori
Mon Nov 20 14:38:25 UTC 2006

The reason for asking about rich detonation is that in my own experience
when running AFRs lower than 10, the ECU will sometimes pick up knock -
or at least interpret the signal from the knock sensor as knock.  This
causes the ECU to retard ignition timing and lower boost pressure.
Sometimes this will happen when tuning at not particularly high boost
pressures, but very rich mixtures.

-Joe
http://www.lovehorsepower.com
http://videos.lovehorsepower.com