[Diy_efi] Rich detonation?

Becker, Damon Damon damonb
Tue Nov 21 18:35:39 UTC 2006

I wish.  I'm sorry.  All the stuff I have seen are in hard form, and were dated back to WWII, when they experimented with stuff like turbosupercharging and water injection for airplane engines.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org on behalf of Adam Wade
	Sent: Tue 11/21/2006 10:28 AM
	To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
	Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Rich detonation?

	--- "Becker, Damon (Damon)" <damonb at avaya.com> wrote:

	> Activation energy is being achieved in each case
	> (rich and lean).  I don't think the answer lies in
	> "which molecules break apart under which conditions"
	> type of analysis.  Combustion Kinematics supports
	> the "richer = faster combustion" theory.  To my
	> surprise, there is a rich limit.  I have my degree
	> in this stuff and I, honestly, don't fully
	> understand why that max velocity exists.

	All the research I have seen shows variations in flame
	front expansion under various conditions; some rough
	parameters came from that research regarding
	detonation, but it was old research.

	I would be very interested in seeing anything from the
	1960s and later in the way of SAE or other
	"journal"-level research on the matter of flame front
	propagation, particularly with regard to mixture
	homogeneity and composition.  Can you point me toward
	some SAE docs or the like?

	| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
	| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |