[Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Ben P benof1987
Sun Oct 8 10:02:21 UTC 2006

Hi people, I'm just trying to find out whether it is possible to tune the
ford EEC-V computers, as found in the 1994-2002 Ford Falcons.

I have heard that it is possible using a special expander board, but I am
unsure how this works.

I have also heard of a flash tuner being released to alter maps via the
diagnostics port, but the companies that do this charge way too much. Does
anyone know how this is done and whether or not it is possible for the
diy-er to do this themselves?

and the last EEC-V question: Do the map sensors for these falcons output a
voltage or a frequency? I have heard both, and am a little confused.

thanks
Ben