[Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Sun Oct 8 14:10:19 UTC 2006

Ben,

The lowest cost way to tune EEC-V that I am aware of is the Moates hardware
at www.moates.net

I use the TwEECer on my EEC-IV.  This device works on EEC-V too.
www.tweecer.com

I'm not sure about the map sensors.  I am used to MAF sensors, they use a
0-5volt signal.  Does your EEC-V use a map?

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Ben P
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:02 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Hi people, I'm just trying to find out whether it is possible to tune the
ford EEC-V computers, as found in the 1994-2002 Ford Falcons.

I have heard that it is possible using a special expander board, but I am
unsure how this works.

I have also heard of a flash tuner being released to alter maps via the
diagnostics port, but the companies that do this charge way too much. Does
anyone know how this is done and whether or not it is possible for the
diy-er to do this themselves?

and the last EEC-V question: Do the map sensors for these falcons output a
voltage or a frequency? I have heard both, and am a little confused.

thanks
Ben