[Diy_efi] Removing EGR,TCC ???

Mike sonoma
Mon Oct 9 07:29:20 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm installing TBI from a 91Chev G20 Van 5.7L 350cid into a 83 GMC G30 Van 5.7L 350cid THM400

This vehicle doesn't require emissions testing and only came with PCV and a air pump,

I would like to use the stock prom if possible in the 1227747 ECM at least for just testing.

It has a TCC solenoid for the transmission, my THM400 doesn't use this can I just leave this disconnected?

I'm going to use the stock TBI intake manifold I will need the EGR with the stock prom, but if I get a custom prom is it better for fuel economy to run EGR or no EGR?

Thanks

           Mike...