[Diy_efi] Mappable Extra Injector Controller?

Ben P benof1987
Tue Oct 10 08:36:24 UTC 2006

Hi people, just after any and all information on mappable extra injector
controllers that you may have.

Currently I am after an extra injector controller that can be mapped (RPM
and Manifold Pressure table) to provide extra fuel for two different
engines. One of them is a 2.6L Astron II (ala sigma/early magna), and
another being a ford 4L OHC (EA-AU Falcon) engine. The engines themselves
aren't important, but the management systems are.

The Astron is powered by an early Mitsubishi computer with an air flow
meter. The problem is that the air-flow meter is designed around this
engine, but was not designed with 18psi in mind, so it will hit its flow (or
at least measurement) ceiling pretty quickly when the engine develops boost.

The Falcon engine uses a more sophisticated MAP sensor'ed EECV Computer.
Although this computer 'can' be retuned (as I found earlier), the MAP sensor
soon runs out of range under high (anything above about 8-10psi) boost, and
the price list of the equipment needed to do it is impressive ($230-odd US,
might as well buy a megasquirt).

The perfect computer would have a map based on RPM and manifold pressure, be
able to control six injectors directly, and be mappable via a usb cable. but
thats hardly likely to happen.

any anyone think of a controller that could do this (or teach me how to make
my own)?

Thanks
Ben

Thousands of jobs, millions of opportunities at seek.com.au