[Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Mike niche
Tue Oct 10 12:47:47 UTC 2006

At 02:07 PM 10/10/06, you wrote:

>Can anyone think of a way to retard the ignition timing on an EECV Car (with coil packs, no distributor) under boost only?

You could use the standard mechanical route,
rig up a diaphragm, such as the type which runs the waste gate, should be able to
get them quite cheap nowadays and use this to rotate the (loosened) distributor
(in the right direction of course), could use a lever arm as well in case there isnt
enough motion, dead simple way to do it, just need to fabricate a bracket.
I'd suggest 1.6 to 2mm plate aluminium, easy to cut and drill and if not too long quite stable...

Regards from

Mike Massen
Network Power Systems
Lab 08 9444 8961
Mb 0438 048961
Perth, Western Australia
* VL/VK Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
* RB30 Skyline/Nissan/VL Milspec now in economy trials
* Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
* Industrial grade PolyVinyliDeneChloride (PVDC Copolymer) in bulk, the best
  oxygen and water protective barrier you can find for circuit boards.
Web site under construction   http://niche.iinet.net.au