[Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Thu Oct 12 13:14:09 UTC 2006

Most likely that is a sensor limitation.  Within the software you can
re-scale the tables to accept a larger range of operation.

Why don't you go to the Moates site and pull down Paul Booth's free
software.  See if he has your EEC "de-coded".  If yours isn't decoded, find
a similar EEC and load up those definition files.  Open it all up and start
to get to know how these things work.  Paul does "de-code" different EEC's
that are requested all the time.  It might take a few weeks for him to get
to it (it's his hobby time too) but usually it gets done.

There may be other free software on that web site I'm simply familiar with
Paul's software.

If you are running in excess of 12 psi you've got a serious motor on your
hands.  Tune it well...

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Ben P
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:52 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] EEC-V Tuning

yeah. I did hear something about the standard computer being unable to cope
with more than about 12psi, no matter how modified. Is that true, or is that
just a MAP sensor limitation?

and how do you go about changing the calibration of the map sensor on a
factory computer when you change it (to one that reads higher)?

thanks
Ben