[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it? Speed factor?

Joseph Obernberger joelori
Tue Sep 5 00:38:08 UTC 2006

Up to a point - I mean, you certainly don't get the best gas mileage at
0 MPH!  There is some speed where a vehicle (probably different for
every vehicle) gets the best gas mileage.  I would at least expect it to
be in the top gear, and probably at a speed where the throttle is open
enough to minimize pumping loss, and at the same time maintain closed
loop operation.
Somehow I doubt it's 55MPH - probably significantly faster for most
modern cars.  The whole idea of reducing the speed limit to increase
fuel economy is bogus.

Joe
http://www.lovehorsepower.com