[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it? Speed factor?

Jim Kyser jimkyser
Tue Sep 5 02:02:03 UTC 2006

I would expect that it is lower than 55 for most larger vehicles.
Somewhere in high gear where the engine can move the car without
lugging. I would guess more like 45 for many vehicles. The reason I
suspect it's lower than 55 is wind resistance. It increases as a square
of speed, so it increases pretty quickly as speed goes up, especially on
vehicles with large frontal areas.

Jim Kyser