[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it?

Jason McNamara galaxiecustom500
Tue Sep 5 22:31:02 UTC 2006

GM has had the 8.1L Big block since 2001 in the
suburban/tahoe/silverado/express van.  I don't know if
they are currently avialable.

I know a guy that had a one ton with one, about 12mpg
unloaded, 6mpg loaded with 30,000 pounds on a trailer.
 Truck was modified.  Same guy is now driving a newer
duramax pulling that same trailer and getting 20 mpg.

Some info on the 8.1 can be found here a few bullet
points down.

http://www.mortec.com/notepg1.htm