[Diy_efi] Re: WAS: E85 worth it? NOW: Diesel Emissions

The AirHawk airhawk
Wed Sep 6 03:34:49 UTC 2006

> > I never commented on the performance of a diesel, just it's
> polluting
> > nature.
>
> Well you should probably check up on that before commenting
> more because to summarise:

The advent of low-sulfur diesel *may* bring with it better/cleaner diesel engines, but I can't seem
to find anything on light-duty trucks and cars, merely HD (>8500GVWR) diesels and the new
requirements set to go in effect in '07.

One site: http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/us/hd.html (Scroogle on "2007 Diesel Emissions" for a
whole slew of sites)

There are current (heavy truck) emissions standards in several tables on this site.

Here's a file that explains the newer diesel emissions-equipment "processes" and inner workings:
http://www.isuzucv.com/images/engines/EmissionsBro_Isuzu.pdf

As my company lives-and-dies by Heavy Trucks, this has been of great interest even to those of us
within Cobb-Vantress not directly affected by the laws.

Seems it's going to be a bumpy ride for the U.S. transportation industry for the next two or three
years, as many manufacturers are notorious about "missed-deadlines".

-Scott C.