[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it?

Mike niche
Thu Sep 7 06:35:21 UTC 2006

At 02:11 PM 9/7/06, you wrote:

>Oh and if you do have a hydrogen fire, you can see the flame front easily.

my slip, meant to say "... cant see the flame front..."     !my bad!

Firefighters used to use a long stick with a rag at the end, dont know what current practice is ?

And the guide for coming across a H2 fire was (from an old hazmat guide):-

"Life arm fully extended, raise thumb, if you can still see the building behind
your thumb, then you are too close"

There are a pair of H2 buses in Perth which look nice and have pretty little
steam exhausts at top - so you *know* they are working but I have a tinge
of concern when I drive past them, good thing is the tanks are at very top
and not covered so good chance for leakage to mostly go straight up but,

Anyone know the current practice for dealing with an H2 fire ?

ps: Welcome to Steven, you'll notice we have these sideways discussions
from time to time. I'm interested in the WideBand board you've done and
expect to get a sensor soon and prefer to construct my own driver/acquisition
to suit my other equipment,

Regards from

Mike Massen
Network Power Systems
Lab 08 9444 8961
Mb 0438 048961
Perth, Western Australia
* VL/VK Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
* New Skyline/NIssan/VL RB30 Milspec ignition driver in long term economy trials
* Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
* Industrial grade PolyVinyliDeneChloride (PVDC Copolymer) in bulk, the best
  oxygen and water protective barrier you can find for circuit boards.
Web site under construction   http://niche.iinet.net.au