[Diy_efi] Converting a commodore blue 6 cylinder to efi

Geoff Harrison geoff_h
Fri Sep 8 23:26:56 UTC 2006

Why not grab a 808 from a VN or VP and harness. It's the same as
the Camira, but the mapping
would be closer to your requirements.

I have seen the DFI system from the 3800 adapted to straight 6s.
It looks like you have gone
too far with the blue 6 conversion - the 3800 is a much stronger
engine. Look for a EV6 block.
A friend has planted one in a HT premier. Better fuel economy
(not hard to beat the old 186 - 2 speed hydro on that) power and
drivabilty.

If using an ECM from an auto on a manual transmission, be sure
to ground the neutral
input to the ECM to keep the idle at 700 RPM. There are (or
were) drawings on the GMECM site
that will help connecting the dis to the ECM.

I have VN manuals if you need drawings.

Geoff.