[Diy_efi] Converting a commodore blue 6 cylinder to efi

Mike niche
Fri Sep 8 15:10:32 UTC 2006

At 10:14 PM 9/8/06, you wrote:
>I'm almost ready to convert my commodore blue 6 cylinder motor to efi, however not sure on a few things and need your help to get me started.

<snip> All very good questions and I'm sure there are some on this
list that can help you directly, I've heard of people doing this for the
venerable VK or even VB and a few people have skipped what you intend and gone
the whole hog instead (as it were), taken the old motor out and installed an
RB30 instead, the motors are cheap and the electronics are also now pretty
cheap for what you get and you get rather more power with easier option to upgrade to turbo model...

Even for the HZ I have heard of people pulling the old motor and putting an RB30 in with
little problem even allowing for the tank mods to take a pump inside tank etc... My ex gf had
an HZ and there is just so much room around the motor to add all sorts of nice things,
the VL engine bay is a bit tight for the RB30 in the VL body but an RB30 in a VK body seems
to have heaps of room...

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VK/VL Commodore Fuse Rail panel that wont warp, twist or melt, guaranteed  !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au