[Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only

Ulmer, James D - Denver, CO james.d.ulmer
Mon Sep 11 13:43:04 UTC 2006

Well, GM has built a few million transmissions with the function so I'd
be reluctant to say it has an inherent problem. If I were to use lockup
in a conversion application, I'd want to make sure my lockup circuit had
a time delay function so that there could be no possibility of rapid
repeated engage/disengage cycles.

Big Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Don Sauman
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 12:44 AM
To: Rick McLeod; diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only

The guy who does my transmissions believes that TC lockup causes more
problems than it is worth. He reckons that at certain loads/speed you
can get a drivetrain chatter that will quickly destroy splines/bearings
etc. He suggests that when I put the 4L80E in my Jeep that I disable the

lockup.

Thoughts anyone.

Don