[Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Sep 13 03:03:57 UTC 2006

[description of using 4th gear switch to control TCC deleted]

Everyone has their preferences for how they want things to work...  My
transmission shop hooked up TCC this way (bypassing the computer
control!) and it was terrible.  Maybe if you have them change the shift
points also it would be better.  While driving through the neighborhood
I would find myself in 4th gear at 900-1000 rpm, around 20 mph or so.
Talk about shuddering and shaking.  The TCC should be unlocked in these
conditions allowing more engine torque but wiring the switch directly
removed the computer from control.  I took it back the next day and had
them put it back to stock.

--steve

-- The 2006 ARM Developers' Conference, October 3-5, Santa Clara, US
Join ARM and its technology and tools Partners from around the world at the only industry event for developers of ARM Powered(R) solutions.
http://www.arm.com/developersconference/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.