[Diy_efi] Mopar tuning?

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Thu Sep 14 23:01:29 UTC 2006

> Another question. Does anyone have any resources or suggestions for custom
> tuning a MOPAR PCM? I am converting my Jeep 4.2 liter to a Mopar MPI with
> Mopar kit. However, I understand if I add a header or other performance
> modifications, the supplied PCM can't fully compensate. I've had little
> luck
> finding resources for tuning a Mopar system and would love any
> suggestions.

Just out of curiosity, why are you even using the Mopar PCM?  Why not simply
upgrade the '747 you have to a '730 ECM, retain ECM control over the TCC
lockup and have the ability to easily tune at will?  You already have all of
the
compatible GM sensors - simply move them over to the new intake.  It may
require some effort to adapt the TPS and IAC, but that effort would be well
worth it in the long term.

Seems the more flexible solution to me - was kinda wondering why nobody
suggested it?

-Scott