[Diy_efi] Mopar tuning?

David M. Ingebretsen dingebre
Fri Sep 15 01:49:14 UTC 2006

Great idea. I've thought about it a lot. Custom EFIS has a MPI conversion
kit based on GM parts for about the same price, too.

I think the real reason is because I'm tired of trying to kludge the
components together. I like the idea of putting the Mopar unit on with the
Mopar PCM because it was designed to work together. I'd jut like to retain
the fun of tweaking the calibration :)

_______________________________________

David M. Ingebretsen, M.S., M.E.
Collision Forensics & Engineering, Inc.
2469 East Fort Union Boulevard, Ste 114
Salt Lake City, UT 84121

801 733-5458
dingebre at 3dphysics.net

__

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Peitzsch
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:01 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Mopar tuning?

> Another question. Does anyone have any resources or suggestions for custom
> tuning a MOPAR PCM? I am converting my Jeep 4.2 liter to a Mopar MPI with
> Mopar kit. However, I understand if I add a header or other performance
> modifications, the supplied PCM can't fully compensate. I've had little
> luck
> finding resources for tuning a Mopar system and would love any
> suggestions.

Just out of curiosity, why are you even using the Mopar PCM?  Why not simply
upgrade the '747 you have to a '730 ECM, retain ECM control over the TCC
lockup and have the ability to easily tune at will?  You already have all of

the
compatible GM sensors - simply move them over to the new intake.  It may
require some effort to adapt the TPS and IAC, but that effort would be well
worth it in the long term.

Seems the more flexible solution to me - was kinda wondering why nobody
suggested it?

-Scott