[Diy_efi] Mopar tuning?

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Fri Sep 15 02:30:26 UTC 2006

> Great idea. I've thought about it a lot. Custom EFIS has a MPI conversion
> kit based on GM parts for about the same price, too.
>
> I think the real reason is because I'm tired of trying to kludge the
> components together. I like the idea of putting the Mopar unit on with the
> Mopar PCM because it was designed to work together. I'd jut like to retain
> the fun of tweaking the calibration :)

Kludge what together?  You already have everything you need with
the '747 setup on the engine now.  You don't need anything from
Custom EFIS at all - just the sensors and controls that are already on
your engine.

The IAT and CTS sensors are the same.  The TPS from your TB can be
moved over if you like, or you can use the one for the Mopar TB, as long
as you use the existing 5V reference.  The IAC is the ONLY issue, and
its a trivial one at that.  You may have to use one of the external IAC
mounting kits, like those offered by Street and Performance.

If you can buy just the intake, throttle body and fuel rails from Mopar,
and source the rest from the local junkyard, you're going to be dollars
ahead AND end up with a better system in the end.  The bonus is that
you don't even have to replace the engine harness - just repin the ECM
connectors (same pins, 2 of the three connectors are the same '747 to
'730) and rewire at the intake/TB.

-Scott