[Diy_efi] 88 Grand Prix

John Bee johnnybee8
Sat Sep 30 17:24:35 UTC 2006

Hello All
LOoking for some advice. I am replacing the automatic tranny with a 5 speed
manual in a 88 Grand Prix. The car is using a 1227727 ECU and the 5 speed is
out of a 88 celebrity sw. The automatic has a 7 pin connector and a 2 pin
connector coming out of it, the wiring diagram I have only shows 5 wires, 4
of which go to the ECU and one is power. The 5 speed only have 2 2pin
connectors. I have no idea what the gear ratio of both transaxles are but
both cars have the same engine (2.8 L) and wheel size. Does Anybody know
what these wires are and or what I need to do to get this convertion to
work?
Thanks in advance!
John B.