[Diy_efi] OBD2 emulation

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1
Tue Apr 3 06:12:34 UTC 2007

Steve,

I don't think he wanted to be able to run the OBD 2 test.  I think he just
wanted to put the correct signals to the OBD 2 connector so the OBD 2 scan
tool reports that there are no codes stored.

That should be simpler, but your freescale idea may be a good way to do it.

Bobby

On 4/2/07, Steve Ravet <Steve.Ravet at arm.com> wrote:

> I saw one time the flowchart used by the OBD 2 test.  Part of it is
> illuminating the check engine light so you'd have to wire to it as well
> as the OBD2 connector.  The short answer to your question is that it
> certainly can be done, with a cheap freescale MCU that has a BDLC.  I've
> not heard of anyone doing it, though, so you'd have to do it from
> scratch.  There's probably a demo board in the couple hundred dollar
> range from freescale or another supplier that would give you the
> hardware you needed, if so you'd just have to hunt up the flowchart for
> the test and write firmware to implement it.
>
> --steve

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory