[Diy_efi] OBD2 emulation

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue Apr 3 14:04:31 UTC 2007

It's not as simple as reporting no codes stored.  The tester has a
procedure that it goes through and it expects the car to respond
appropriately at each step.  This includes commanding the CEL to come
on, and the operator must verify that it actually comes on.  There were
initially some cars (Mercedes and Mitsubishi) that did not respond
appropriately to the various queries that the tester made and were
flunked although they were brand new.  In some cases dealers were forced
to buy back perfectly good cars because they could not be inspected.

The way to do this is to get a copy of that flowchart and implement it
in firmware in a microcontroller that includes an OBD2 interface.  If I
can dig up the one I saw before I'll post it on the twiki.

--steve

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.