[Diy_efi] weatherpack connectors or something like them

Tom Visel five10man
Mon Apr 16 03:18:14 UTC 2007

It's actually Deutsch, and they supply Caterpillar, and they did (do?)
supply Ford - those rounded connectors with the red inserts to lock the
terminals in are Deutsch.
For the receptacle side, you could call CarQuest.  I don't have my wire
and cable catalog next to me at the moment, but they have a surprisingly
good selection of repair pigtails available if you still want to go with
one that fits the MAF.  I have gotten 3-terminal Bosch receptacles
(Mitsubishi power transistor/ignition module connectors) from them when
Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai couldn't get them.  If weatherproofing
isn't so critical, Molex connectors are in every Radio Snacks and they
are cheap.  They can be made mostly waterproof if you use double-layered
shrink tubing with mastic on the cable end and fill the connector with
grease on the terminal end.  Also, since they are so cheap, it is a
no-brainer to make your test circuits unpluggable.
HTH,
TomV