[Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

Frey, Richard K rfrey
Wed Aug 29 12:48:31 UTC 2007

Buck,

The typing is considerable better, even I noticed.  Hope the rehab
continues fruitfully.

rick

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Buck Williams
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 4:56 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

if u put ahot sand in it froam the ovenn it maay make the tube hot
eaobnough to bend just he way it is,,, ask your eye glasses lady how hot
works,,, , i thaisnk about 250 buck

diy_efi at diy-efi.org> Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options>
> > > I kind of like the idea of bending plastic pipe with sand in it.
If for no other reason than trying it to> > see how it works.> > >
ACHTUNG !!> > My email got geeked this AM, but I was able to read a
Critical Addendum > to my post [sorry, I didn't get the writer's name,
but thank you for the > save !] and I concur.> > The sand used as filler
MUST be DRY DRY DRY before heating it inside a > closed tube for
bending; I apologize if my note omitted that info ~ a > good chunk of
data didn't get into the message hanks to my ISP's email > dump last
night.> > I like a big KABOOM as well as the next DIY'er, but not at the
expense > of someone's life or limbs ~ be safe and completely dry the
sand in an > oven [if it's clean, it won't smell up the house and irk
the spouse...] > before use. Yes, you'll need to cap the ends of pipe
before bending ~ I > like to use rubber expansion plugs, as they hold
well, and are easily > removed.> > Good Luck and happy bending !> > -- >
Diy_efi at diy-efi.org