[Diy_efi] fuel tank fittings

Tim.VanSetten at l-3com.com Tim.VanSetten
Wed Aug 29 14:52:04 UTC 2007

When I did my gas tank modifications, I researched this quite well.
Exhaust blowing through it, or fill with water (not recommended), or use
CO2, or any other inert gas.  Since the tank was dry and aired out for
about a week, just to be sure I didn't want the shop vacuum to suck
because of the sparks of the vacuum motor.  I chose to have it blow air
into the tank to displace any hidden pocket of ignitable fumes.  I did
sniff the air coming out of the tank first, and since I didn't detect
any trace of gas smell, I figured it had to be "Safe" enough for a
non-flame electric soldering iron.
No blast, no surprises.  Another job well done....Tim.