[Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

Mike niche
Fri Aug 31 10:49:37 UTC 2007

At 05:25 PM 8/31/07, you wrote:
I wouldn't put acetone in my fuel tank! I use acetone
>for thinning and cleaning up polyester resin and for
>removing mold release from urethane plastic castings.

Well I certainly wouldnt use it as a fuel with current system but,
its not as bad as all that if used properly, ie Full tank of fuel add
200mls Acetone, cheap are more accessible than Isopropanol for
most of the general public and there doesnt seem to be any
contra-indications with respect to contemporary EFI fuel systems,
having said that I wouldnt use it on carby systems with nitrile
floats...

>It'll eat through the cheap nitrile gloves I use
>faster than anything. It's worse than laquer thinner
>or even brake parts cleaner.

Does it eat through any particular contemporary  EFI components
given it would also be diluted significantly for use in a vehicle for a daily
driver environment... ?

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VK/VL Commodore Fuse Rail panel that wont warp, twist or melt, guaranteed  !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au