[Diy_efi] Freescale ARM7 devices

Alex Ruiz arsoftware
Fri Aug 31 12:30:30 UTC 2007

Brian,

>From what I heard Freescale is putting those ICs out of the market. If
you ask them they will say it's not true. Take a look at the emails
them send about their product line. When they mention ARM family they
only talk about i.MX, MAC7XXX family is not even mentioned. I would
not do a new design with that chip.

I'm currently using a STR730 from ST. It was 20 ( match / compare )
units and 256KB of flash witch I believe is fairly enough for my
application. When I was choosing a chip I also considered TI 470's
ARM7 because of it's HET feature.

Regards,

Alex