[Diy_efi] supercap

Bill Washington bill.washington
Tue Feb 27 00:04:01 UTC 2007

Bevan, Steven,
    Any thoughts on using a rechargable battery - (2 or3 cell)NiMH
probably, for the RTC, and higher temp range 100uF electros for the
reservoir caps on the remainder of the circuit? - the NiMH could be
trickle charged by Diode during normal operation and diode switched to
the RTC at power down - the RTC would then operate at full rail voltage
minus one diode drop during normal operation, and NiMH minus one diode
drop at power down. Configuration, etc would depend on the Min operating
voltage of the RTC...
Thoughts?

Regards
Bill