[Diy_efi] Project/temperature ranges

Dave Harvey hernt
Wed Feb 28 06:17:23 UTC 2007

I agree with Adam.  The cost of military-grade parts is small compared
to the time and expense troubleshooting a thermal or design margin
problem.   Unless you are GM, making electronics by the millions, a few
extra bucks for parts is no big deal.  I work at the other end of the
scale; designing electronics for space applications where we build a few
(or one).  In that case, reliability and design margin are everything.
I always use the best parts I can get because I've had some bad
experiences when I didn't.  As a wise engineer once told me when I
remarked on the extra size, weight and cost of additional design margin:
"The only thing margin saves is your ass."

-- Dave