[Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Mike niche
Thu Jan 4 06:56:17 UTC 2007

Isnt one of the main needs for fuel return the fact the fuel is heated quite a
bit in the fuel rail whilst its waiting for injection ?

Of course there is a commercial factor as fuel returns used to be so
much cheaper than any electronics but getting around the fuel heating etc

Also the issue of control feedback is an issue to avoid vapourisation
during hot start, the good thing about return is this can be flushed out,
and esp for a turbo as a pressure hold tank can "remember" the last
max pressure and temporarily raise the fuel rail pressure to this during
start to avoid vapour issues... etc

Regards

Mike