[Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Mike niche
Fri Jan 5 03:52:09 UTC 2007

At 08:33 AM 1/5/07, you wrote:
>Related to this, is it okay to have the return line squirtin
>the fuel in from the top of the tank, or should it be submerged
>in the fuel?  I have a 1941 gas tank that I need to plumb a return lin into.
>Cheers,
>MV

On my vehicle there is a "swirl pot" on the exit of the fuel return inside
the bottom of the tank, this produces a nice vortex around the low
pressure fuel pump so its strainer is constantly agitated and therefore
cleaned of any debris, quite a nice and elegant aside :)

In any case, to avoid the embarrassment of explaining those odd gurgling
noises to the nice cute female passengers, I would suggest not having a
top return but the swirl return as low as possible, far less chance
of gurgling burping type noises at inconvenient moments ;)

Rgds

Mike
ps: Dont go to bed on an empty stomach, take her to dinner first...