[Diy_efi] Installing the knock sensor GM TBI

Mike sonoma
Tue Jan 9 09:38:44 UTC 2007

Hi
I'm installing TBI with a 1227747 ecm on my 83 Chev 350,
Can I mount the knock sensor in the block just above oil pan on the right hand side.  there is a plug that goes into the water jacket.
This is the location I think it was at on the 91 TBI engine, I don't have the 91 engine from the donor van to look at.
I've also seen the knock sensor mounted in the plate there the mech fuel pump was.
Has anyone mounted a knock sensor on a older block,
Thanks
                 Mike...