[Diy_efi] Installing the knock sensor GM TBI

Mike V efi
Tue Jan 9 16:03:02 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,
I think many Chev V engines place the knock sensor a rear/top of the block
in the early days.  Just going by what I've seen on 4.3 V6, but V8 may
have been different.  Mounting it on one side will reduce the likelyhood
that detonation on the opposite bank will be picked up.
Cheers,
mv
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <sonoma at shaw.ca>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:38 AM
Subject: [Diy_efi] Installing the knock sensor GM TBI

Hi
I'm installing TBI with a 1227747 ecm on my 83 Chev 350,
Can I mount the knock sensor in the block just above oil pan on the right
hand side.  there is a plug that goes into the water jacket.
This is the location I think it was at on the 91 TBI engine, I don't have
the 91 engine from the donor van to look at.
I've also seen the knock sensor mounted in the plate there the mech fuel
pump was.
Has anyone mounted a knock sensor on a older block,
Thanks
                 Mike...