[Diy_efi] New to this site, enjoy the discussion

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Wed Jan 10 03:56:08 UTC 2007

Jim,

I tune my 1994 Mustang with a TwEECer (www.tweecer.com)
I used to use an EEC Tuner (www.shiftmaster.com)
Moates,net has hardware for Ford and GM.  Look for the Paul Booth software
to run the Moates hardware on a Ford (www.moates.net)
SCT has tuners & software, mostly for the newer stuff EEC V

Who else?

Yahoo Groups for the EEC Tuner, TwEECer and EEC Editor for the Moates stuff.

Have fun,

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:32 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] New to this site, enjoy the discussion

Hello to the DIY EFI'ers, I am new to this site.  I have been tinkering
with EFI for a couple of years and find the discussions interesting,
especially when I see someone solve a problem I had or one I haven't yet
discovered.  I started out transplanting an '87 Ford 5.0 into my '79
Ford pickup.  I then converted it to a mass air system from a '92
Mustang to eliminate some idle and hesitation problems that apparently
came from using different intake and exhaust systems with the
speed-density system.  The '92 mass air system adapts the mixture
automatically and runs great, even though it is on a truck engine.  In
fact, I was so pleased with the way it ran that I put a similar system
on my '71 MGB.  It turns out the system from a '92 Escort (I notice some
of you are from UK or Australia, I am talking about the American 1.9
liter variety) runs ok on an MGB 1.8 engine.  The MG is a 4 cylinder - 5
port engine, like the ones discussed on this forum a week or two ago.  I
originally built the manifold with two injectors at each of the two
intake ports, but the idle was rough and it had hesitation, so I built
another manifold with all 4 injectors in the center, sharing flow with
all 4 cylinders.  It was a sequential injection system in the Escort,
but it is now working as if it was throttle body system.  It still has a
hesitation during throttle transients, but runs great at constant
throttle.  I still have some theories on what might be causing this.
(have monitored TPS, ECT, EGO, etc, signals and can find no obvious
reason why it goes lean during transients)  I am hoping to find a setup
that works without changing the program in the ECU, but may have to
eventually get to that.  My question is:  has anyone reverse-engineered
the software in the Ford EEC-IV?  This seems to be a very capable and
robust ECU, and they are available for CHEAP at salvage yards around
here, so I am looking at how I could change the program it if necessary.
I think there is a real need for an affordable EFI conversion for these
old cars.  Jim from Ohio