[Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Steven Donegan donegan
Fri Jan 12 14:34:58 UTC 2007

OOOPS, sorry, stock 3.8 bore for a 260 - which BTW would require you to sleeve and underbore the 'normal' 302 blocks available. You would also need to find a 289/260 crank as they are 2.87 stroke and stock 302 is 3.0...

"Steven P. Donegan" <donegan at donegan.org> wrote: Get a Ford A4 block or the World Products aluminum equivalent (4 bolt
mains smallblock ford) stroke to 2.9 something or so (destroked 302
basically - just find whatever the original 260 used for stroke and keep
the 'stock' 3.0 bore) and you will have a bulletproof 260 rev monster...
If they allow any head choice then there are many aluminum jewels to
choose from. Don't use a distributor at all - or simply use it as a cam
position sensor and go crank triggered. Gear this with 2.something gears
and a T5 or T56 tranny (T56 preferred - 2 overdrives) and 200 MPH should
be 'easy'... If you do the work yourself this is likely <10k worth of
motor...

If more of a budget is required let me know off list and I'll try and
fit something from pure junkyard rebuilts up - note though that the
block really should be something bulletproof for a run like this...
blowing a motor at >150 could seriously ruin your day and/or kill you..

And I will be happy to work with you on the EFI portion as well :-)