[Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Fri Jan 12 13:56:18 UTC 2007

Phil,

Why not just tune the Ford computer?  A TwEECer could handle that engine
combination just fine.

www.tweecer.com

In fact we have a guy running a Sunbeam with a 5.0 V-8 on the salt flats
over on the Yahoo Groups TwEECer list.  He'd be a good resource for you.

Neat project!

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Phil Landry
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:39 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Steven, I just entered into the world of homemade EFI, and was reading all
about the Donegan ECU. I'll cut to the chase, I'm building a '32 ford
roadster to run at Bonneville in a class that requires a 260 cubic inch
engine. I'm looking hard a the engine  made for the Thunderbird Super Coupe.
This could be modified to run carb and regular MSD type distributor. But, I
would like to maintain the fuel injection and electronic ignition. This
combination  in theory should run 200 mph, with a strong enough motor to
hold together with lots of boost. Anyway I've just started to try and figure
out the fuel injection and very interested in your project. Thanks for your
time . Phil Landry