[Diy_efi] way off topic - waterproof technology

Bernd Felsche bernie
Wed Jan 24 22:25:58 UTC 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 06:47, Mike Yates wrote:
> Ok then let me revise my requirements...

> I need a membrane of sort description that with very little pressure
> differential will allow atleast one component of "air", preferably
> nitrogen, to pass thru but will not allow H2O in any form to permeate.

> I'm not sure how much more reasonable this is but i believe that
> nitrogen atoms are smaller that water molecules.

Nitrogen atoms are... but nitrogen atoms aren't freely available in
air to a significant degree. Nitrogen gas molecules (N2) are somewhat
bigger and of the same order of magnitude in size as H2O; though
(AFAICT) still a little smaller than H2O.