[Diy_efi] One wire o2 sensor to four wire sensor

Mike Hudson sonoma
Sat Jun 2 22:59:27 UTC 2007

> One other note - I hope you welded the bung on the top side of the pipe
> very near the manifold - or at a minimum of 90 degrees to 'down' a one
> wire sensor requires definite heat from the exhaust to function and all
> O2 sensors will get killed by condensation after engine shut off - so at
> a minimum an O2 sensor should be parallel to the road surface when
> installed...

I was aware during the install of the condensation and the exhaust heat
factors.

 The sensor bung is on the top side as close to the exhaust manifold as
possible.

Wish I had grabbed the stock exhaust manifolds at the time but I didn't :-(