[Diy_efi] Problem with TPS on aftermarket ecu

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Mar 29 18:41:38 UTC 2007

If I read the original post correctly, the data log shows that %throttle
changes as he opens and closes the throttle.  In the same log, however,
while the throttle position itself is changing, the delta throttle value
doesn't change.  Damian, is this correct?

If so then the connection from the TPS to the computer must be OK.
delta TPS is a calculated, not measured, value.  It only takes on a
value while the TPS is changing rapidly so by definition is only non
zero for a short period of time.  My question would be what is the
sampling rate of your datalogger?  If you only get a couple data reports
per second then it's entirely possible that delta TPS is changing values
correctly but is being missed in the log.

Or, is there a constant that sets the decay rate of delta TPS that is
causing it to decay too quickly?  Is there a symptom (stumble or
hesitation) that accompanies the lack of delta TPS?

--steve

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.