[Diy_efi] Interceptor/EFI computer progress

Steven P. Donegan steve
Sat Mar 31 13:14:08 UTC 2007

Being an Engineer I have been trying to find an optimal mix of parts for
extreme cost effectiveness and high performance. I have played with
PIC's from Microchip, PSOC's from Cypress, ARM's from NXP/Phillips and
an interesting ARM thing from Analog Devices called an ADUC. I have also
been playing with FPGA type things - specifically the MAX family of
CPLD's from Altera. I am beginning to believe a combination of ADUC and
MAX 7000S will be the correct mix for the full blown EFI computer and
PSOC's will be the answer for the Interceptor. Given that the list has
been dead quiet for a while I figured wasting your time/bandwidth with
an update would not be a problem :-) To put this in perspective - a
MAX7000S in industrial temp range costs ~19$, the ADUC about 10$ - this
makes a sub 100$ EFI computer a possibility...