[Diy_efi] Problem with TPS on aftermarket ecu

ian spyro
Fri Mar 30 08:56:32 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 13:30 +0800, Mike wrote:

> I can say that in the 25 years since I have been exposed to all sorts
> of wiring on industrial and automotive I have seen similar issues on
> about such 5 occasions on multistrand wires.

my favourite one was found in a toy I repaired.

corrosion in the battery compartment got into the wire that ran about 4
inches from there to the power switch.

replacement of the wire didnt fix it.

what did, was replacing the switch.

closer examination revealed that the corrosion had gone under the
insulation, wicked along the wire internally, and escaped into the
switch, where it had destroyed the contacts.

never seen anything like it.