[Diy_efi] Wires broken inside insulation

Mike Frels mfrels
Fri Mar 30 11:31:30 UTC 2007

These last couple of posts have been some good food for thought. The 21 year old emissions/control harness in my car mught be contributing to some of the puzzling ways my engine seems to change temperament day to day and season to season. Here in the Gulf Coast of Texas, USA we see some pretty wide humidity swings. It can range from 10% sometimes during the winter months to 90-100% during the summer. Most of the time I attribute the performance change(butt dyno of course) to changes in barometric pressure but I was never really convinced. Could it possibly be changes in conductivity due to changes in the moisture level of the air? Sounds like it might be a good idea to pull the complete harness and do a complete inspection and rebuild.

Thanks for all the technical input on the corrosion mechanisms.

Mike