[Diy_efi] Here's a little micro to build on...

ian spyro
Tue Sep 4 21:13:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 04:03 +0800, Mike wrote:
> At 03:52 AM 9/5/07, you wrote:
>
> >Small BGAs are actually space certified now. the problem in space is the
> >extreme thermal stress which in PLCCs etc. is taken up by the leads.
>
> Yes good point but, surely thats because the assembly of chip to board is
> already closely thermally matched, we might not be able to achieve that
> so easily if we buy chips and order our own boards separately or dare I say it - even etch
> them ourselves...

true, however we also dont experience 300 degree temperature swings down
here ;-)

put it this way - BGA CPUs have been run at and above 100 deg C with
daily heat cyclilng - without any ill effects. (not that I recommend
such abuse - but its been done.