[Diy_efi] Here's a little micro ... Cygnal/Silabs

Mike niche
Wed Sep 5 03:41:47 UTC 2007

As another alternative, I have used the cygnal series,
has on chip built in code debugger with real time breakpoints
and all through low cost jtag module and *free* windows debug software
and assemblers too !!

http://www.silabs.com/

Variable mix of A/d and digital with an 8051 core some up to 100mips...!

Much much lower cost than the BGA devices and many package options,

Check out the selector guide, from tiny 11 pin smt devices to full on
large packages with multiple 12 bit a/d - been around for a few years so
one would expect the mixed signal issues are debugged by now,

I used to favour the atmel series of 2051 and 4051 series along with 89s53 but
now use the cygnal as the code is identical but can use the debugger to even
emulate other devices to some degree...

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VK/VL Commodore Fuse Rail panel that wont warp, twist or melt, guaranteed  !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au