[Diy_efi] water injection

Mike niche
Thu Sep 6 04:18:03 UTC 2007

At 11:30 AM 9/6/07, you wrote:
><Some pulling tractors use water injection and multiple turbos at 250PSI> So, this is interesting! What kind of pressure pump and nozzles are used to overcome the 250PSI of the boost? It takes a healthy pump to overcome the 15 to 20 #'s in a typical turbo gas system, I would think a small pump from a low power pressure sprayer might work! -rick

Classic system is to use the same boost pressure to feed the pump inside a suitable
housing of course so the pump body doesnt blow apart, that way the pump is also only
raising the pressure relative to its inlet so a cheapish pump might well be suitable,
the nozzles and piping prob being steel means they can handle much more pressure
than that, might also be possible the housing is pre-pressurised and not dependent on
the timing of how the boost comes on, this is all short run stuff but pretty extreme nonetheless !

Hey I wonder if any medical students are moonlighting in tractor pulling, they could feed
in pure O2 in controllable bursts just when its needed - lol !