[Diy_efi] [slightly ot] Differential Pressure Measurement gauge, alternatives ?

Mike niche
Thu Sep 6 05:03:53 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

Here is a gauge which I will be connecting up soon to verify some fuel
pressure issues on my RB30ET motor running 10psi off a hiflow T3, the gauge is
at the max of its scale since the fuel pressure for the motor is 250.1Kpa, Ive opened
the unit and it has safe movement for another 10% of scale without major drama,

http://niche.iinet.net.au/For_sale/Differential_Pressure_Gauge/small_DSC06030.JPG

Although i can use this to some degree, the last time - I actually made a differential
gauge from a standard gauge and pressurised the housing from the manifold, it worked
for a time, the housing eventually broke, ie Plastic cover. But I did manage to use it for
a few days, the problem is it suffered so much needle jitter making it very hard to asses
the reading !

http://members.iinet.net.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/Diff_Gauge_side.jpg

So I'm looking for a new differential gauge, like the one in first picture, but that has an
oil filled or other damped needle movement and maybe a drag pointer if at all possible, hard
I know due to the oil fill issue but since the housing isnt at either pressure and most
differential gauges have dual internal plenum then the housing is only ever at atmos...

Anyway, I've trolled a few search engine sites and not had much luck, hence my query,

Thanks

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VK/VL Commodore Fuse Rail panel that wont warp, twist or melt, guaranteed  !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au