[Diy_efi] Usb and RS-485 data loggers

Curtis Richards cwrxr
Fri Sep 7 20:07:36 UTC 2007

ian wrote:
> Anyone here know of a CHEAP and _LINUX COMPATIBLE_ USB datalogger with
> at least 2 channels of A-D ?
>
> 8 bit is fine, samplerate not important, anything in the kHz range is
> overkill. robust inputs would be nice.
>
> looking for off the shelf, dont have time to build my own.

Hi Ian,

Try B&B Electronics

http://bb-elec.com/?gclid=CLK_jKqQso4CFQ15UAod53PsNQ

They have all sorts of 'blackbox' data  acquisition products.  I used
their rs-485 stuff to connect 4 O2 sensors, 4 EGT probes 12 pressure
sensors and a crank angle sensor to a Palm TX when I was debugging my
Megasquirt setup on a 1946 CJ2a with a supercharged L134 flathead.
Their stuff just works!  My initial  runs were with Quartus Forth  on
the Palm TX, but I moved up to a VIA mini ITX running Gforth under
Slackware when I needed more bandwidth.  I like their serial DA stuff
since it's easy to write the code, but I'm sure their USB solutions
would work just as well.

--
Curtis W Richards

--
"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written
Constitution.  Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."

-- Thomas Jefferson (letter to Wilson Nicholas, 1803)