[Diy_efi] The so called "Noid" lights ?

Mike niche
Mon Sep 10 03:46:08 UTC 2007

Thanks for the comments guys,

It probably would help if I explained the reason I raised the subject.

These days modern electronics can be quite sophisticated, small and low cost,

It should therefore be possible to design a "smart" noid light which does the very least such as:-

a. Be "inline" with the drive to the injector to observe simultaneous operation.
b. Have it show polarity is the same on all injectors (assuming all 6 are wired correctly)
  in situations where people build up looms and/or wishing to avoid polarisation if that is an issue.
c. Have it indicate whether the injector has a shorted turn.

I dont need a Noid light for myself, though it might be a handy tool to leave in the box.

Its raised my interest how people swear by them on the forum I listed yet, to me, they
seem very simple dumb devices and for the price I would have expected a little more.

These days with LEDs using so little current (in comparison with the injector) it shouldnt
be necessary to worry about the injector resistance and just wire in a light in parallel in
some type of inline connector arrangement.

Of course the electronics can be cheap and low cost even for a little sophistication
but it seems the packaging and presentation can still be a pain and I guess this is a stumbling
block...

Thanks for the link to etoolcart but so far, that is the only one I have found even from the calaisturbo
site, there just dont seem to be any other people doing them on a commercial basis anywhere,

Thanks

Mike